Search Unity

How do I post threads so people can read them?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by QuA5aR_17, Jul 24, 2014.

1. QuA5aR_17

QuA5aR_17

I have this problem with my game that im making and nobody will answer my threads.

2. SteveJ

SteveJ

3. Eric5h5

Eric5h5

Volunteer Moderator Moderator

You had exactly two other threads, one of which had answers, and the other was just a duplicate of the first (so I've deleted it; duplicate topics are against the rules). So you now have a 100% thread reply success rate, which doesn't seem to be something to complain about....

--Eric

4. QuA5aR_17

QuA5aR_17

i do? where do i go to go to the thread?

5. daisySa

daisySa

6. angrypenguin

angrypenguin

Quite seriously, to start with read this to get going quickly. Part 2 doesn't really apply here. Part 1 does, but pay special attention to Part 3.

Then, read this article, which goes into a lot of really useful depth. It's pretty dated, but do read it from start to finish and pay attention to its advice because the fundamentals of communication haven't changed - just some of the tools referred to. I know it's a lot of text, but it's all great advice that will help you be a better communicator on the Internet, and some of it even applies offline. Don't feel like it's talking down to you - a lot of it will sound simple in hindsight, but the truth is that it's stuff that plenty of people don't pick up on their own despite years of experience. Even I learned a few things back when I read it the first time. I honestly think it should be required reading.

Last edited: Jul 25, 2014
    QuA5aR_17 and Ryiah like this.
  7. QuA5aR_17

QuA5aR_17

8. Aurore

Aurore

Director of Real-Time Learning

Take a look at this video, it will take you through the basics of the forums.

9. zDemonhunter99

zDemonhunter99

I can't believe people need a video to learn how to navigate the forums... It's a sad world we live in.

p87 likes this.
  10. GGnore-AlanSmithee

GGnore-AlanSmithee

Even though the idea of not being able to navigate a forum seem strange to me too, I think it's understandable that some people might not be able to. For instance I dont think my mother would be able to, and a video could possibly help her learn. I don't think that would make her or this world sad. Your statement is more saddening to me.

AndrewGrayGames likes this.
  11. R. Smith

R. Smith

There's a million ways to get people to read your thread, but one of the best ways to do that is this:

Be brief, to-the-point, and make sure your words express what you want to convey. The reader should know on a basic level what your thread is about in two seconds, about the time it takes to read through the title.

As for the rest of you,
    -------------------------

Give this man a break. It's enough he had to risk asking his question without getting his thread locked down. He doesn't need this, too.