Search Unity

How do I pause Plane Detection after finding a Plane?

Discussion in 'AR' started by Dadi897, Mar 29, 2018.

1. Dadi897

Dadi897

Hi, after I have found a plane I want to manually pause the detection so the plane does not keep changing. How can I do this?

Edit: Basically I want to change Plane Detection to "None", then be able to change it back to Horizontal+Vertical while keeping the planes that were detected before I switched the Plane Detection off

Last edited: Mar 29, 2018
  2. MadeFromPolygons

MadeFromPolygons

EDIT: not a bot but for some reason they are named similarly to the other found forum bots hence the confusion

Last edited: Mar 29, 2018
  3. Dadi897

Dadi897

What is a bot? Also I want to be able to resume the plane detection manually the same way that I paused it.

Edit: Oh you're calling me a bot? Well I am not, I'm asking a legitimate question.

4. MadeFromPolygons

MadeFromPolygons

Sorry, its just if you search the members there are many other members with the same unity name as you except the random characters at the end are different. They have all been found to be bots, all asking questions in posts like yours so I assumed this was one too. Obviously you are not so my apologies :)

Why did you choose a name that appears to be autogenerated, im curious?

Is it from some sort of 3rd party site used to sign up or something?

5. Voronoi

Voronoi

In a script, you need to update the settings to None. For my needs, I had to delete all but the last plane detected, I only wanted one plane. This is from the UnityARCameraManager.cs script in the PointCloud example.

Code (CSharp):
    1. public UnityARPlaneDetection planeDetection = UnityARPlaneDetection.None;
    3. ARKitWorldTrackingSessionConfiguration config = new ARKitWorldTrackingSessionConfiguration();
    4.         config.planeDetection = planeDetection;

6. Dadi897

Dadi897

Okay, no problem. I signed in with Facebook and this is the name I got.

7. MadeFromPolygons

MadeFromPolygons

interesting to know, thanks!