Search Unity

How do i make ai bot using photon network

Discussion in 'Scripting' started by brayT, Mar 17, 2019.

1. brayT

brayT

hey guys i know this is probably hard to do but is there any way i can make a realistic bot in unity thats the same as ravenfield or anyother game. ive been looking for ever and could only find a ai movement script but i want i script or at least i full flegde tutorial on how to make a realsitic bot for unity

2. Doug_B

Doug_B

There are many, many ways to make an AI. At its most simplistic, your common or garden "if" statement gives you a binary AI (does it stand still or does it run away, for example).

Making it "realistic"- now there's the problem. You could very easily argue that there isn't an AI yet created that is "realistic". :)

The upshot of all this is that, realistic or otherwise, you will have to make your own AI to your own specifications and quality level.

Personally, I have found Holistic3D on YouTube to do good tutorials aimed at a very wide audience (beginners upwards). I would recommend taking a look at this series, it has 30 AI based tutorials for you to delve into. Good luck. :)

radiantboy likes this.
  3. brayT

brayT

thank you very much i will take a look at it.

Doug_B likes this.
  4. brayT

brayT

yea i need one for photon networking is there any

5. SparrowGS

SparrowGS

The way you communicate it in multiplayer is run the AI logic on one machine, the server/host probably and send its output same as any other player character in the world

6. brayT

brayT

so your saying if me and someone else were playing that if i left and he was still in the game that the ai bots would leave the game or become destroyed when i left.... if so is there a workaround or not

7. SparrowGS

SparrowGS

If he us the host than yes, what you would do in a case like this is find another player to be the host and run it on there. (You never saw "please wait, finding another host" or something like that as a player?)

If this is more of a mmo style you would run it on the always online main server.