Search Unity

How Do I Make A Solid Wall (Newbie... please forgive)

Discussion in 'Editor & General Support' started by VAstudios, Apr 13, 2009.

1. VAstudios

VAstudios

Nothing really fancy here. I am just starting out and was wondering how I can make a wall solid. Y'now, so that the First Person Controller can not just move through it.

Any help will be appreciated!

pushkar1patidar likes this.
  2. ryanzec

ryanzec

Any type of "structures" that you want to put into Unity are usually going to have to be created in an outside 3d application (Like Maya, Modo, Blender, 3DS Max, etc...). Then copy the file in your project's assets folder and then from inside unity just drag and drop the item in the scene viewer. Then you can just add a collider to the game object you just added so you can't just walk through it.

3. CoatlGames

CoatlGames

add collider to your meshes

a quick example would be creating a box gameobject, then add a ball object , add a rigid body to the ball and place it above the box and see it fall and bounce on the box when playing

4. VAstudios

VAstudios

I did everything (I think) but the ball just drops right through it as does the Controller. I have attached my inspector window for you to look at...

Attached Files:

5. CK

CK

Try this:
    assigne the same mesh in the Mesh Filter to the mesh of the MeshCollider, also uncheck isTriger and check Convex.

6. VAstudios

VAstudios