Search Unity

How do I loop a cinemachine track midway

Discussion in 'Cinemachine' started by BasDaBas, Feb 20, 2019.

1. BasDaBas

BasDaBas

Hello, At the moment I'm making a cutscene in the timeline. I'm using a Dollytrack to follow an object from point A to B. Halfway the timeline I got an check via script to see if the player pressed on a button, if not, the timeline will be set back to a certain frame and start over from that point (checking at frame 640, and jumps back to 340 if the requirements are not met) . If the requirements are met, it will go to the end (point B) and won't jump back anymore.

So my idea is to let the timeline loop between point 2 and 6 and let the camera loop around the object

The problem is that if I do it this way the Camera on the dollytrack won't jump back directly from waypoint 6 to 2, but instead will travel along the other way points inbetween 6 and 2.

I could use some help, does anyone has an idea how to fix this, i tried several ways but I keep getting stuck!
    I hope I explained well enough

cheers!

https://imgur.com/a/668r95C

2. Gregoryl

Gregoryl

Unity Technologies

This is because of vcam body damping. You can just turn it off, since you're animating the position from the timeline.

3. BasDaBas

BasDaBas

Thanks, that solved it!