Search Unity

How do I integrate Fungus and PlayMaker?

Discussion in 'Animation' started by LucaLafirenze, Jul 24, 2019.

1. LucaLafirenze

LucaLafirenze

Hello, I'm new to Unity, I discovered fungus and playmaker while working on some projects, and I wanted to integrate both of them.
    I looked up to almost every forum or news on the internet, but I just found people who just explain how cool it is but not how they done it.

2. wetcircuit

wetcircuit

Playmaker can feel like an abstract puzzle when you don't understand the underlying code it is building. It's a problem of not knowing what you don't know….

You can explore the parameters that are available to playmaker by creating a new FSM and dragging the Fungus component panel (whatever is attached to a gameobject in your scene) into the Playmaker window. PM will ask if you want to GET or SET a property on the component. Pick GET. The node that is created will have a dropdown menu with all the component's exposed API – things you can do in PM without writing code.

A lot of the time it's just getting and setting a variable (float, int, binary, string) on the component. It will seem like overwhelming jibberish at first, but check the Fungus docs to learn what everything does. You will probably need help from the Fungus and Playmaker communities too (I think they each have their own forums).

A search for "Unity Fungus Playmaker" shows there are several githubs with PM actions for Fungus.

LucaLafirenze likes this.