Search Unity

1. Megacity Metro Demo now available. Download now.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Unity support for visionOS is now available. Learn more in our blog post.
    Dismiss Notice

How do I get the Standard Assets Package into Import Packages?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by KoopHauss, Jan 22, 2020.

1. KoopHauss

KoopHauss

I'm taking a lot of these "teach yourself" courses online, and in every single course the instructor goes to Assets > Import Packages > ; then has a list of specific packages to choose from. Well I don't have that list in my version of Unity. I know how to download the Standard Assets package from the store, but how do I get it into the Import Packages list in the assets tab of the menu?

I ask because I don't necessarily want to import all of the assets from the package into a particular project, and I don't want to sift through the entire package and pick it apart to make sure that I'm importing everything I need with everything I want so that everything I get works properly.

The Import Assets tab was great because you could import the particular packages that you needed with only the assets needed for that package.

Last edited: Jan 22, 2020
  2. Mauri

Mauri

You can't.

It's tiring, but other than doing that: there's not much you can do.

Unity was in the process of replacing the Standard Assets, but things seem to have stalled(?!):
    https://forum.unity.com/threads/standard-assets-2018-let-us-know-what-you-think.516595/