Search Unity

how do i get the animations menu back?

Discussion in 'Editor & General Support' started by kablammyman, Mar 16, 2018.

1. kablammyman

kablammyman

Screen Shot 2018-03-16 at 4.27.03 PM.png
    These menu options are missing for some fbxs thats in the game after I tried to create a model importer in AssetPostprocessor.OnPreprocessModel() So, I dont have the ability to set Root Transform Position. The other settings work I do in code work fine, but trying to have the importer have all new fbxs match these settings, I lost the menu. Im not sure how to even get these options back within editor, let alone in code. I tried changing the rig type from generic to humanoid, to legacy, etc. I tried checking and unchecking all the boxes hoping something would show me why the menu disappeared.
    this is what i have now:
    Screen Shot 2018-03-16 at 4.28.02 PM.png
    I also dont see how to actually set any of these settings to match the screen shot in code. The documentation is lacking. The most I could do is set or unset loop time.

Any help with getting that menu back and having the ability for the importer to make these the default settings for any new fbx is greatly appreciated!

Oh, Im on unity version 2017.2.1f1 on osx 10.12.6

2. kablammyman

kablammyman

a colleague told me to check the meta files, and i see that a "transformMask" is present in the meta file the corresponds to the fbx that has the correct settings, but not the meta file that corresponds to the incorrect fbx. The question is, why was this not imported when i ran my modelImporter script?

3. kablammyman

kablammyman

anyone have any ideas?

4. kablammyman

kablammyman

the filling in transform mask data did not help bring the settings back. Im back at the drawing board here.