Search Unity

How do I get a real username here?

Discussion in 'Meta-forum Discussion' started by Apposl, Dec 15, 2017.

1. Apposl

Apposl

I think I signed in with Google or something, and now I'm stuck with this weird/spammy looking username. Any help super appreciated, thanks!

2. FMark92

FMark92

3. APSchmidt

APSchmidt

Why didn't you create an account instead? You could have chosen your username in the process.

4. Apposl

Apposl

5. Apposl

Apposl

Please bump up your post count elsewhere or provide something helpful regarding my question and the official Unity sign-in process I used.

and-poulsen likes this.
  6. FMark92

FMark92

You might have to contact support or make new account. Shouldn't be an issue unless you're packing a paid unity license.

Apposl likes this.
  7. Apposl

Apposl

I was going to upgrade by Christmas so thank you for the warning, and the advice! Happy holidays!

8. APSchmidt

APSchmidt

Yeah. You would have helped yourself by creating an account the usual way and this useless thread wouldn't exist. You're lucky that you can change your username.

9. and-poulsen

and-poulsen

Unity Technologies

Heya,
    It should update if you log out, and then log in again!

10. Buhlaine

Buhlaine

Community Manager

Thanks, Anrdreas! OP, please let us know if it isn't updating after you've re-logged.

A gentle reminder to take a look at our Unity Developer Network Rules, we're all peers. There is no need to be rude to your peers.

11. Ryiah

Ryiah

My account was created the old fashioned way and I was able to change mine to a different name and back using the link provided by @FMark92. Like mentioned above you just need to change it, log off, log back on, and it'll be different.

Peter77 likes this.