Search Unity

1. Unity 2019.2 is now released.
    Dismiss Notice

How do I force push to Collaborate?

Discussion in 'Unity Collaborate' started by Stannn_Yang, Jun 2, 2017.

1. Stannn_Yang

Stannn_Yang

Hi. So we are working on a project using collab. Yesterday, I committed a working copy to the collab, but today's morning my teammate committed a broken copy to collab. How do I force push my working copy to the latest version without updating to her version? I couldn't do any push unless I update to her version. Thanks.

2. ryanc-unity

ryanc-unity

Unity Technologies

Hi @Stannn_Yang! Collab is not designed to let you push changes until you have grabbed the latest changes from the server. This is to prevent branching (something that we'll be looking into in the future).

Now what you can do is have your teammate open the Collab History window, click on Go Back To on the revision before their change that broke the project and have them Publish that revert. That will essentially undo their broken change. Then you can Update which will let you Publish your changes without getting any of the broken changes.

3. ev3d

ev3d

but when you "update" to that revert then you loose all YOUR changes.. So how do you just force the update?

4. ryanc-unity

ryanc-unity

Unity Technologies

Hi @ev3d! Unfortunately yes, if you choose Go Back To on your machine then you will lose your local changes. But you could have either yourself or a teammate download that project into a new location, undo the changes that you don't like, Publish them, then back in your original project on your machine you will can Update and skip the bad changes without losing your local changes.

5. MH74

MH74

Hello,
    I publish a lot of change on collab,.... server reply me error( not publish ).. ok I try again, same stuff.. then restart unity and collab said "You are up to date!"

and Now What? nothing posted to collab cloud.. and all my changes is unchecked like done...

unity version 2019.1.7f1

I don't undesrtand why can't manualy check file or folder and publish to collaborate like selected stuff...

6. ryanc-unity

ryanc-unity

Unity Technologies

Hi @MH74, so you tried to publish your changes but Collab returned with an error (could you give more details around what the error said?). After restarting Unity Collab now says that you're up to date but no new commit was made in your history, correct?

In that case, if you're using Collab v2.0 then you can press the Rescan button inside of the Collab Toolbar to manually check for local changes if they aren't showing up correctly. But if you're using v1.2 of the Collab package then you can force Collab to resync your changes by going into your project's folder, then inside of the Library/Collab folder delete the Collab snapshot file, then reopen your project. The Collab Toolbar should then resync and list your changes correctly.

7. Coks

Coks

I had something similar. I did not push the project to collaborate server for a long time. As a result, the server suggested updating all revisions. My fix to save my local changes:
    1. Create new folder and drag all assets of project.
    2. Pull changes from the server
    3. Resolve all conflicts in favor of local changes
    4. Remove all assets received from server
    5. Return the moved assets in place
    6. Push local changes

8. Rich_A

Rich_A

We are stuck in a death loop with this problem, since Collaborate has corrupted some scripts, and we cannot delete the pushes related to them. The only solution we found was to use a different version control system.