Search Unity

1. Unity Asset Manager is now available in public beta. Try it out now and join the conversation here in the forums.
    Dismiss Notice

Question How do I enable raytraced reflections for transparent objects?

Discussion in 'HDRP Ray Tracing' started by Deleted User, May 6, 2022.

1. Deleted User

Deleted User

I'm trying to enable raytracing on my windows. Changing the material from opaque to transparent seems to disable ray traced reflections entirely.

Attached Files:

2. AcidArrow

AcidArrow

3. Deleted User

Deleted User

So, I'm confused. I set it up as best as I could following that page before I even got here.

Is it not possible to make something like a window or a glass vase with raytracing?

Last edited by a moderator: May 6, 2022
  4. fuzzy3d

fuzzy3d

5. Deleted User

Deleted User

Thanks. Unfortunately, enabling that didn't seem to fix anything.

Attached Files:

6. Deleted User

Deleted User

My material has SSR Transparent checked too. Also, I'm running unity 2021.3.1f1 if that helps at all.

7. Deleted User

Deleted User

So, I used the SimplePBR shadergraph and turned the metallic and roughness values very low and the raytraced reflections appeared. But the mesh was now opaque. Changing the Surface type in the graph to transparent made everything work. thanks! :)

Attached Files:

8. chap-unity

chap-unity

Unity Technologies

There's a frame setting for transparents to receive Screen Space reflection, that's the one most of us forgot !
    The HDRP Wizard should display a warning about it ! upload_2022-5-10_17-55-6.png