Search Unity

How do I Destroy an Entity in JobComponentSystem?

Discussion in 'Entity Component System' started by Reborn1214, Mar 15, 2019.

1. Reborn1214

Reborn1214

When I destroy an Entity, an error message "System.ArgumentException: The entity does not exist .." appears.
    I used "EndSimulationEntityCommandBufferSystem" and "EntityCommandBuffer.Concurrent" to destroy this Entity.I konw,this Entity is used in some of my systems, but, Isn't "EndSimulationEntityCommandBufferSystem" the last system to run?

2. Antypodish

Antypodish

Check, if you don't run system more than once, trying to destroy same entity.
    First time your entity may be destroyed, but at second run, may not exists.
    Depends, how you structured the system.
    But ECB should be able work with destroy in jobs

3. Reborn1214

Reborn1214

Thank you for your answer.I think maybe it's not that I destroy Entity twice time.Because, I added a ComponentTag to this Entity.( like this, commandBuff.AddComponent(entity,new LifeTime{value = 1f}) ) and I added a attributes to my job.(is [ExcludeComponent(typeof(LifeTime))] ).

I have 3 System. like "ASystem" ,"BSystem" and "MiddleSystem". There is one ArrayNative in MiddleSystem.
    Both Systems A and B access this ArrayNative, In A, i destroy some Entity in this ArrayNative, but Now ,i konw maybe
    these entity I want to delete are being used by B.What should I do to avoid errors?

4. Antypodish

Antypodish

Did you applied UpdateAfter, or UpadateBefore keys in systems?

Is good to ensure, that destroying system is last in a frame.

5. Reborn1214

Reborn1214

I specified [LaterSimulationSystemGroup] for my DestorySystem and [SimulationSystemGroup] is specified for other systems.I don't know if that's the reason for "Allocator.Persistent" ,"IJobParallelFor" or "ComponentDataFromEntity".

nicolasgramlich likes this.
  6. nicolasgramlich

nicolasgramlich