Search Unity

How do i create a unity package out of a zip ?

Discussion in 'Editor & General Support' started by genaray, Mar 5, 2018.

1. genaray

genaray

A friend sended me a folder of his game scripts and some self made assets... he forgot to export them as a unitypackage, so i just have this folder as a tar. I tried to rename his tar to a .unitypackage file, but unity didnt wanted to import it. I also tried to put this tar into an other folder, while creating a unitypackage file, didnt worked either. When i try to import my "selfmade" unitypackage file, this error appears : "couldn't decompress package". He isnt home for a few fays, so i cant please him to export his project files as a unitypackage...

Untill now i just used winrar for the process.

So is there a way to create a unitypackage file on my own ?

2. methos5k

methos5k

Just use your winrar, import the assets to a new project and from there you can create a unity package :)

There's no way to turn a .tar into a unitypackage.. (unless of course it was a unity package that was turned into one, which you could decompress..)

3. Joe-Censored

Joe-Censored

Untar the file and see what is in there. If it is just a unitypackage in there, then import that. If it is just files from his assets folder you will have to do what methos suggested.