Search Unity

1. Megacity Metro Demo now available. Download now.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Unity support for visionOS is now available. Learn more in our blog post.
    Dismiss Notice

how do i control scene in Editor with new XR plugin manager?

Discussion in 'VR' started by lz7cjc, Jun 22, 2020.

1. lz7cjc

lz7cjc

Hi
    I can only build my scene for iOs by removing the old GoogleVR tools. This means I no longer have access to the GVRemulator. How do i control my scene in editor, for testing, without this?

thanks

2. iwellsSI

iwellsSI

lz7cjc likes this.
  3. lz7cjc

lz7cjc

thanks will check it out

4. lz7cjc

lz7cjc

looking at this page it is from 2018, before the XR plugin was available.

My question is specifically around the new plugin and how to control the scene whilst in the editor.

thanks

5. iwellsSI

iwellsSI

I'm currently using 2019.3.15f1. I have unchecked the XR Settings in the Player Settings and instead am using the XR Plug-in Management system. I had to add the Google Cardbaord from their Git repository using the Plus button in the package manager and select Add Package from Git URL. After that I just selected the Cardboard XR Plugin in the OS options from the XR Plug-in Management menu in Project Settings.

Even after all that, the script with the Editor controls from the resources of that tutorial still allowed me to use the mouse to look around. You may need to click on the Game window for it to start to work after clicking Play.

6. lz7cjc

lz7cjc

thanks for your help - the problem i have is when i migrate to Mac. I get lots of errors in XCode if i try to build with the GVRcontrols. So i have to delete this folder and remove the old VR functionality entirely. If I do this i no longer have access to GvrEditorEmulator. Are you still using that with the process above?