Search Unity

how do i control scene in Editor with new XR plugin manager?

Discussion in 'VR' started by lz7cjc, Jun 18, 2020.

1. lz7cjc

lz7cjc

Hi
    I have switched over to the new XR plugin manager and removed the old Google VR package as I was getting warnings.

However as part of the old system I used GVReventsystem and GVReditoremulator (may not be their exact names!). So now these are removed how do i control my scene when playing in the Editor?

thanks

2. Polff

Polff

You could use the Unity Xr interaction toolkit, it has it's own cross Plattform event system.
    For the movmemt in playmode you could either write a simple script for camera movement vor use a premade solution like my VR Simulator on the asset store. It is however build mainly for controller interactions, so if you would like a specific feature like changing camera height or tilt it, let me know in the forum.

3. lz7cjc

lz7cjc

thanks - i just want to move the camera as the head moves and then use gaze and pick with the reticlepointer.

Beyond my capabilities and shocked that this has been emitted from the new package - it was all so easy with the old system!

4. Polff

Polff

Ah I see. Have you imported the new Google cardboard XR Plugin? It needs to be installed manually from github. There is a quickstart guide on here: https://developers.google.com/cardboard/develop/unity/quickstart
    I think there is gaze included in the example scene. However I don't know if there is an camera controller (haven't used the Plugin myself yet)... but you could just slap a simple first Person controller from the standard assets onto your camera.

5. lz7cjc

lz7cjc

thanks yes i have installed that
    at the moment i am using a hybrid of the old and new system which is fine for Android but everything falls apart when trying to build for the mac

Polff likes this.
  6. Polff

Polff

I think there is also someone who extended the XR Interaction Toolkit with gaze interaction for Cardboard XR, if you want to give that a shot...

7. lz7cjc

lz7cjc

Sounds interesting - how do i get that?

8. Polff

Polff

Let me See if i can find it again...

9. Polff

Polff

There you go: Link
    Haven't tried it myself though.

10. lz7cjc

lz7cjc