Search Unity

Question How do I configure levelplay platform to use the unity ad network?

Discussion in 'LevelPlay' started by jpom001, Feb 12, 2023.

1. jpom001

jpom001

I've set Unity ads up as a network here. But when I disable ironsource test ads, I dont see ads coming up anymore. Am I supposed to go back to the Unity Ads page and create waterfalls there based on my new app or some other process?

In the levelplay platform Ive added my Unity ads game Id to the levelplay unity ads network setup, I've updated the GEOS here in one of the default placements (It didnt work without this change either) What steps am I missing here, as far as I'm aware I should still be able to use unity ads on levelplay?

upload_2023-2-12_16-1-29.png

2. Unity-Boon

Unity-Boon

Unity Technologies

Please check the following troubleshooting guide if you don't see the ads in your game.

https://developers.is.com/ironsource-mobile/unity/troubleshooting-dont-see-ads-app/

Please enable test ads in the Unity Monetization dashboard, and check if you are seeing any test ads. If Unity test ads are showing means the configuration is correct.

*From your screenshot, you are using a banner and it might have a lower fill rate in some countries. You can check the logs to confirm this.

3. jpom001

jpom001

test ads from iron source worked (I switched them on from the levelPlay dashboard not unity ads)

For the integration helper, how do I call that in a live app that Ive downloaded from the playstore. The ads I'm not seeing are from my app thats on the playstore?
    Can I use logcat or something here, do you have any commands I can run?

4. Unity-Boon

Unity-Boon

Unity Technologies

5. jpom001

jpom001

I know I can use logcat, when my phone is plugged in to my computer and i'm building and running my game through unity.
    How do I use logcat, when my unity game is installed through the playstore?

6. jcGrenier

jcGrenier

Unity Technologies

You can plug your phone to your computer and run adb via command line, something like
    > adb logcat

or you can pipe the log to a file
    > adb logcat > myLog.log

You can also install android studio and use their gui.

jpom001 likes this.
  7. jpom001

jpom001

It seems all add networks are coming from ironsource
    adNetwork='ironsource'

Maybe I have an issue with how unity ads is integrated, I assumed a unity ad would get served through the ironsource agent.
    Once I install the ironsource unity plugin, I get unity ads installed for free and the options to install other plugins for other ad networks.

If I want to use Unity ads, or meta for example
    1. Do I need to install that plugin in the Unity editor?
    2. Do I need to make separate code changes to my game to facilitate serving ads from those networks , for example does
    Code (CSharp):
    1. IronSource.Agent.loadInterstitial();
    load ads from all my networks including meta and unity ads, or does that just load Ironsource network ads and I need a separate class to load from other networks?
    3. When I turn on test ads on LevelPlay, does this make all networks send me test ads?
    4.Is there a way to verify if Im able to get ads from the unity ad network or meta?

The reason I want to do this is Im having empty waterfalls from Ironsource network and I think I need to ad more networks to prevent this.

8. Unity-Boon

Unity-Boon

Unity Technologies