Search Unity

1. Megacity Metro Demo now available. Download now.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Unity support for visionOS is now available. Learn more in our blog post.
    Dismiss Notice
Unity's version control component has been upgraded to Plastic SCM.

How do I completely remove collaborate from a project?

Discussion in 'Unity Collaborate' started by Slaktus, Apr 6, 2020.

1. Slaktus

Slaktus

Hey,

I used Collaborate for a while, but switched to Plastic SCM because Collaborate didn't live up to expectations. I removed the package from the project, but for some reason all of the Collaborate integration is still alive and well in the editor. The icons indicating file changes are still there, and every time I open the project Collaborate looks for changes.

I tried deleting the Collab folder from Library, but it keeps coming back for some reason. I also tried deleting Collab related stuff from AppData, but those files also keep reappearing.

I am not using Collab on any other project, although I have backups of the project with Collab intact. None of the backups have been loaded in the editor recently.

How do I get rid of Collaborate?

Devil_Inside likes this.
  2. Ryan-Unity

Ryan-Unity

Hi @Slaktus, I'm sorry that Collaborate didn't meet your expectations. If you want to fully disable Collaborate from your project then you can open the Services Window (the Cloud icon next to the Account button at the top right of the Unity Editor), then click on the Collaborate section. From there, click on the ON toggle to turn the service OFF.

Also, if you're using Unity 2019.2+, you can open the Package Manager and uninstall the Unity Collaborate package there by clicking on the Remove button once you've highlighted it. I hope that helps and thanks for giving Collaborate a try!

polyphonic13, Cypher33 and Maratak like this.
  3. Slaktus

Slaktus

Hey, managed to fix it in the end.

The integration would not be removed simply by removing the package from the package manager (which is why I came here to ask the question in the first place), but opening the Services panel seemed to remind Unity that Collaborate was no longer installed and the integration promptly vanished as soon as Services had loaded.

At least that was the case on Windows – on Mac, Collaborate was still listed as ON, but once Collaborate was disabled from the Services panel, the integration vanished too.

4. Devil_Inside

Devil_Inside

@ryanc-unity
    I have the same issue.
    I did have collaborate turned off and removed from the packages for some time now, however at some point collaborate icons showed up on all assets in the project folder. I double checked that the package is removed and collaborate is disabled in the services window.
    I then turned collaborate On and then back Off again and the icons disappeared.
    I thought it fixed the issue, however today I just noticed that collaborate icons showed up again. There is no package installed and the service is turned off.

I'm using Unity 2020.1.0b5

5. Ryan-Unity

Ryan-Unity

Hi @Devil_Inside, that's strange that the Collab-specific icons keep reappearing over your assets despite Collab being disabled and removed. Could you open a ticket with our Support team to help you with debugging that issue?

To do this:
    1. Navigate to project on the Developer Dashboard
    2. Select Collaborate > Support from the left hand menu
    3. Click on Open a Ticket and fill out the support form

6. Devil_Inside

Devil_Inside

I've opened a ticked as you suggested.

Ryan-Unity likes this.
  7. ippdev

ippdev

It keps turning back on no matter what 20-40 seconds it checks for hanges and nothing can be accomplished.

8. Ryan-Unity

Ryan-Unity

Hi @ippdev, can you tell me which version of Unity you're experiencing this issue in? We have a bug fix currently being verified for 2020.1 and I want to verify if we need to backport the fix to any older versions.

ROBYER1 likes this.
  9. eanbowman

eanbowman

2019.4.29f1 please! I have a VRChat project that has Collab on it and I would REALLY like for it to not.

The on/off button shows for a fraction of a second and disappears for me. Might be because I'm not the original creator of the project but I need to maintain it now and I'm the official person who's in charge of it now.

Why would the button ever disappear? When there's no way to log in? Because we no longer have paid Collab service? What the heck?!

10. eanbowman

eanbowman

I FIGURED IT OUT!

THIS!
    upload_2021-8-7_22-58-33.png
    THIS WAS THE CHANGE I HAD TO MAKE!

Just find ProjectSettings\ProjectSettings.asset and change cloudProjectId to be blank. That'll do it!

11. ps2goat

ps2goat

I just updated from 2019.x to 2020.3.x and ran into this problem. What fixed it for me was removing the "Version Control" package. I was never using Collaborate or Plastic SCM, just git, so I don't know why this would cause a problem from a simple upgrade