Search Unity

How do I change the .exe file's name? Can it only be the same as the project name?

Discussion in 'Getting Started' started by ac429, Nov 9, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ac429

ac429

Thanks!

upload_2018-11-9_21-34-35.png

2. JoeStrout

JoeStrout

It's in the project settings. Edit > Project Settings > Player, at the top, "Product Name".

You'll want to go through the rest of those settings as well to set the icon, presentation options, etc.

Tonymotion, imranmollajoy and ac429 like this.
  3. Deleted User

Deleted User

Thanks for the info. :)

imranmollajoy and JoeStrout like this.
  4. ac429

ac429

Thanks, that worked! Weird enough, I tried that before and it didn't work. But then, I published it to a different folder and it DID work after that. Then I published to the original folder (after deleting it), and it worked again, too. :)

imranmollajoy likes this.
  5. Zarkow

Zarkow

Request: Could this be a separate setting, as some platforms don't like long filenames and/or special characters, while others accept more (such as space, or ' etc)

Buzzrick_Runaway likes this.
  6. UnityMaru

UnityMaru

Community Engagement Manager PSM

Please refrain from necroposting :)

To answer your post - could you clarify what you mean by it being a 'separate setting'? What does it currently do with it being where it is that makes it difficult from a filename persepctive?

7. Zarkow

Zarkow

Project name seems to be both binary filename and the name occurring in taskmanager etc.

herk99 likes this.
  8. herk99

herk99

It seems that the project name is also used as the title name of the window on Windows 10.
    It is hard to localize the window title for non-english speakers.

Ultroman likes this.
  9. hk1ll3r

hk1ll3r

As an example:
    Project name is "Football IO" with a space so that it is human readable in window title.
    I want the binary file to be named "Football_IO.exe" because spaces aren't nice in file paths.

10. MaxLohMusic

MaxLohMusic

Same issue here; I always thought the path is supposed to not have spaces, although I have to wonder whether this really matters in the modern day since most paths already have spaces anyway.

11. danile9373

danile9373

It is quite inconvenient that the project name is used universally, such as in the executable file name, the name displayed in the task manager, the folder name, and so on. There should be a separate setting available for each of these elements.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.