Search Unity

How do I become exempt from paying taxes?

Discussion in 'Assets and Asset Store' started by alsharefeeee, Nov 29, 2022.

1. alsharefeeee

alsharefeeee

Hi, so in this discounts season I am going into a buying frenzy and then saw this.
    Screenshot 2022-11-29 115035.png

How do I become exempt from paying tax? I put my tax number but it said its invalid! Is it for companies and not for persons?

2. CodeSmile

CodeSmile

Yes, only companies can be exempt from paying VAT since they pass this on to their customers, whereas businesses do not (some exceptions notwithstanding, eg in germany if you make less than 17.5k a year you get no VAT exemption).

VAT is supposed to be paid only once down the chain from resource mining through the entire shipping & production processes to the final consumer sale where VAT is collected from the consumer (and subsequently sent to the financial authorities of a state by the seller since it's a state tax).

alsharefeeee likes this.
  3. alsharefeeee

alsharefeeee

Thank you

4. DannyVezun

DannyVezun

Unfortunately, becoming utterly exempt from paying taxes as an individual can be pretty tough unless you qualify for certain deductions or credits. However, suppose you need help inputting your tax number. In that case, it could be because it's not registered with the tax agency or there's an error in the number itself. You can try contacting the tax agency or a tax professional to see if they can help you sort it out. If you need help generating paystubs for your employment, check out an instant online checkstubs generator. It's super chill and makes the process a breeze. Hope this helps, and good luck with your tax situation!

Last edited: Feb 22, 2023
  5. MakintoshV

MakintoshV

If you are seeking tax exemption, you may need to provide your paystub as proof of your income and tax status. The pay stub will show your gross earnings, taxes withheld, and any deductions taken from your paycheck, such as contributions to a retirement plan or health insurance premiums.

In order to apply for tax exemption, you will typically need to provide documentation to support your claim, such as proof of income, tax returns, or other financial information. Your employer may also need to provide information about their tax-exempt status, if applicable.

It is important to note that the specific requirements and documentation needed to apply for tax exemption will vary depending on your country and tax laws. It is recommended that you consult with a tax professional or your local tax authority for guidance on the specific requirements and steps to take in your situation.