Search Unity

Question How do i adjust the root to the character?

Discussion in 'Animation' started by Mikael_loow, Jun 14, 2020.

1. Mikael_loow

Mikael_loow

I am using 3D Studio Max to make my character model and i use Mixamo to animate it.

I have been testing out many animations and some works great and some don't. I would like to adjust my root so for example that my jump animation can go above things. Because the jump now can't jump over objects.

Because i can't see any option in Mixamo, 3dsmax or Unity to adjust this.

In the first image do you see the "circle" follows the character on climb
    But in the jump picture is't flat on the ground.

I need help to understand this :) Tried to google but can't find anything. I might be wrong about the name of the thing aswell.

2. SuperPox

SuperPox

I've only been doing Unity since Covid, but would an option for the jump animation be to make it non-root motion (so the animation plays with the character in place) and then you use code to have the character jump and have the animation play? If you are using all root motion then that's not a fix :/ I need to know how to change the root of the animation as well... I'll be trying some more tonight and let you know if I find an answer.

Here's my question if you know how to help me out :)
    https://forum.unity.com/threads/ani...nts-origin-even-though-no-root-motion.911951/

3. Mikael_loow

Mikael_loow

I am using playmaker asset only. I feel that i don't want too get into C# coding. Maybe there is a better forum for Playmaker :)