Search Unity

How do animated character models work in first/third person ? Or how to set up them ?

Discussion in 'Animation' started by BluesyPompanno, Aug 2, 2017.

1. BluesyPompanno

BluesyPompanno

Hello I am new to creating games and Unity.
    I know this probably isn't the right place to ask but.

I'd like to know how game developers are creating fully functioning models in first person where you can see your characters body and legs inside.
    For example like in Battlefield where the character is sprinting and is looking at the sky the sprinting animation is playing and the gun is also being animated.

I can create a character with running,walking and idle animation in blender,but i don't know how to create it so the character when he is holding a gun his hands will move with the camera in Unity.

I have a character with 3 animations - running animation , walking animation and idle animation.
    And a gun that is animated (firing animation and reloading animation) and isn't part of the same file as the character.

When the character is holding a gun and i look up i want to know how to make hands follow the camera movement while being animated with the rest of the body.

Do I create 3 parts of the body (legs,arms,head) and animate each ?
    Do I create animation where the character is looking up and down ? While running/walking/idle ?
    Do I create animations for a character that doesn't have arms ? And place the arms as seperate object ?
    Do I create and animate the character with the gun as one object?

If anybody could point me to a video or a internet site i would really apreciate it.

2. theANMATOR2b

theANMATOR2b

For general animation techniques in Unity - this is the best place to start.
    https://unity3d.com/learn

All the questions you have asked have been asked before. Their is no one right way - so you need to research how others have done and choose a set up that supports your needs/desires.
    https://forum.unity3d.com/search/?type=post

3. hippocoder

hippocoder

Digital Ape

I think you missed a tag, there's one on your chin.

theANMATOR2b likes this.
  4. BluesyPompanno

BluesyPompanno

Thank you.