Search Unity

How did he do that ?

Discussion in 'AR' started by DiscoFever, Mar 5, 2019.

1. DiscoFever

DiscoFever

2. SgiLearn

SgiLearn

It seems like you can drag the edges and maybe also rotate the field. So just place the field on a plane by tapping on the plane and then give the user the option to change the size of the field by dragging the edges. You can try to make the field fit the plane as best as possible by finding the largest rectangle that fits in the plane. Hope this helps a little ;)

3. ROBYER1

ROBYER1

Sometimes it's easier to fake these things for a video, so don't get too caught up on something you seen in a video especially a twitter show-off post one. However just as SgiLearn says you could allow the user to draw the edges to do something like this.

4. JoeGrainger

JoeGrainger

Hey,

Cool that you found my video - hopefully I can give you a couple of tips on how to approach this.

I'm actually generating the table that's underneath the play space, so it's not technically mapped on to the table you can see but the floor below it.

Basically you set the content to appear at wherever you tap on an ARPlane this can be an infinite plane or anything more accurate which has been found. Then attach a ARReferencePoint to that ARPlane to maintain accurate placement - and then it's up to you really.

With my approach the user can use the two finger pinch gesture to modify the global scale of the world ( see https://forum.unity.com/threads/scaling-with-arfoundation.543953 ) and they can also use the world space UI to set the dimensions of the play space.

@ROBYER1 just to clarify what you see in the video is a screen recording of the game, if you check my timeline there are numerous videos prior to this which demonstrate this process.

Last edited: Mar 7, 2019
    arielfel and ROBYER1 like this.