Search Unity

How could I switch from URP to HDRP?

Discussion in 'High Definition Render Pipeline' started by Ecir_Leumas, Jul 23, 2021.

1. Ecir_Leumas

Ecir_Leumas

How could I switch from URP to HDRP, on an already existing project. I have a game that is in URP, but I would like it to be in HDRP, for improved graphics. How could I do this, and what steps would I have to do?

2. merpheus

merpheus

You can upgrade all URP materials to HDRP Lit shader for starters, shader graph materials should work right away. For render features, HDRP has something called a Custom pass, you need that. For custom post-processing effects, checkout the documentation, you might need to re-write some part of them.

For the scenes, you need to add a global volume, just try to copy all the effects in the example HDRP global volume.
    Then add reflection probes and light probes all over your scene. Adding reflection probes are crucial otherwise everything will look washed out. Then you should be good to go.

3. AcidArrow

AcidArrow

There isn't something automatic to do it for you OP, if that's what you're asking.

4. Ecir_Leumas

Ecir_Leumas

Nah, I was just looking for a general process, since I knew there wasn't an automatic thing to do for it.

5. Ecir_Leumas

Ecir_Leumas

Alright thank you. How would I add the custon pass?

6. merpheus

merpheus

7. Ecir_Leumas

Ecir_Leumas

8. ElevenGame

ElevenGame

you don't have to use custom passes, they only would be the right solution for custom postprocessing/overlays. HDRP itself works fine without any custom pass.
    the github repo just has some examples of what can be done with them.

9. Ecir_Leumas

Ecir_Leumas

ah ok, thank you