Search Unity

1. Improved Prefab workflow (includes Nested Prefabs!), 2D isometric Tilemap and more! Get the 2018.3 Beta now.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. The Unity Pro & Visual Studio Professional Bundle gives you the tools you need to develop faster & collaborate more efficiently. Learn more.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Improve your Unity skills with a certified instructor in a private, interactive classroom. Watch the overview now.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. Want to see the most recent patch releases? Take a peek at the patch release page.
    Dismiss Notice

How come Unity Hub doesn't list all versions?

Discussion in 'Unity Hub' started by Carwashh, Jul 10, 2018.

1. Carwashh

Carwashh

Just needed to grab 2018.1.6 because that's what a project was using, and due to 2018.1.7 being the latest 1.6 doesn't show up in the hub to download and install.

Wouldn't it make a lot of sense to have the same list as the download archive page? The point of the hub (I thought) was to manage all (compatible versions of) Unity installs ... it can't do that if we have to then install some versions outside of the hub because they've been superseeded.

2. AbrahamDUnity

AbrahamDUnity

Unity Technologies

Hello,

Thanks for the feedback. We didn't want to clutter the list with all versions so we focused on the latest few. However we are working on an integration with the web archive to support your use case. Stay tuned.

Cheers,

Carwashh likes this.
  3. Carwashh

Carwashh

May I suggest adding an extra option down the left hand side.

- On my machine
    - Official Releases
    - Archived Releases
    - Beta Releases

gtzpower likes this.
  4. dri_richard

dri_richard

This particularly affects the use of LTS builds, each of which is an official release, and yet they're not all shown.

5. madks13

madks13

By the way, is it normal that in my hub i don't see any Beta releases? I got all the installed, and the Official releases, but no Beta.

6. AbrahamDUnity

AbrahamDUnity

Unity Technologies

Hi @madks13 ,

Right now there aren't any beta release available from Unity. When version 2018.3 will be in beta it will be available in the Hub as well.

Cheers,

7. madks13

madks13

Hmm, that's weird. I got the Gravy Demo, it says it was made using 2018.2.0b9. This causes all kinds of crashes when closing the Editor. I was hoping being able to at least get the betas used in the samples so it doesn't burn crashing like that.

On another note, any estimations on 2018.3 ETA?

8. AbrahamDUnity

AbrahamDUnity

Unity Technologies

Well, 2018.2 was released so it's no longer part of the beta program. We try to stay up to date with the latest versions of Unity. If you missed a version there's always the download archive. We are planning a closer integration with that portal so that installing other versions will be more streamlined in the Hub.

As for 2018.3 I can't say much right now. We are working hard on it. Stay tuned.