Search Unity

How can we disable personalised ads and adid collection on iOS?

Discussion in 'Unity Ads & User Acquisition' started by ltomov, Feb 14, 2021.

1. ltomov

ltomov

My app uses UnityAds and the latest update got rejected from the AppStore with the following message:

Code (Boo):
    1. ... Specifically, we noticed that your app uses the AppTrackingTransparency framework, but we haven't been able to locate the relevant AppTrackingTransparency permission requests.
    3. While it is not required to implement AppTrackingTransparency at this time, we check to make sure the implementation is compliant with our guidelines when we detect the framework in an app.
    5. If your app integrates AppTrackingTransparency, please indicate where in your app we can find the AppTrackingTransparency permission request.
    If I understand correctly, the app needs to ask the user for permission to use the adid, but it doesn't.
    Initially I thought that this was something the UnityAds package handles automatically, but apparently some additional steps need to be taken.

However I would like to completely disable personalised ads on iOS, so that it doesn't need to request this permission at all.
    I believe the number of users who choose to allow this is fairly close to 0, so there's no point in being falsely accused of "stealing sensitive data from the phone, which is later used to hack the elections" :)

But I cannot find anything in the SDK that allows us to disable this. Is this possible?

Thanks!

Last edited: Feb 14, 2021