Search Unity

1. We are migrating the Unity Forums to Unity Discussions. On July 12, the Unity Forums will become read-only.

Please, do not make any changes to your username or email addresses at id.unity.com during this transition time.

It's still possible to reply to existing private message conversations during the migration, but any new replies you post will be missing after the main migration is complete. We'll do our best to migrate these messages in a follow-up step.

On July 15, Unity Discussions will become read-only until July 18, when the new design and the migrated forum contents will go live.

Read our full announcement for more information and let us know if you have any questions.

Question How can the animation rig be simplified?

Discussion in 'Animation' started by Zimaell, Jan 31, 2023.

1. Zimaell

Zimaell

I wanted to simplify the model for optimization, reduced the detail to reduce polygons, but this did not work, the reason was precisely in the animation rig, I simplified it a bit, removed all the fingers in rig, this really had a positive effect on performance, then I tried to remove more others bones, but then I can no longer apply the humanoid rig type, it writes an error that there is no one or another bone, and in fact 5 bones would be enough for me to make the model visually look normal, we are talking, of course, about a low-poly model that will be displayed on the far distance.
    The question is - how can the animation rig be simplified?
    Is it possible to leave 5 bones (arms, legs, body) but still have the animation applied?
    Tell me what can be done in this situation?

(for some reasons without applying animation-to-texture baking)