Search Unity

1. We are migrating the Unity Forums to Unity Discussions by the end of July. Read our announcement for more information and let us know if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dismiss Notice

Question How can I use unity templates? build-a-runner-game template. Cannot see way to download in hub

Discussion in 'Unity Hub' started by ExplodingMule, Apr 30, 2024.

1. ExplodingMule

ExplodingMule

Sorry for such a dumb question and am sure is blaringly obvious but I just cannot see a way to install the unity templates.

Do I need a paid account to use some of these templates like? https://unity.com/features/build-a-runner-game In the hub I can only see barebone templates to set up certain environment 2d/3d mobile etc.

Thank you

2. CodeSmile

CodeSmile

Templates are editor version dependent. Not every template gets updated for the latest version right away. The runner template is available if you create a new 2021.3 project but it’s not currently available for a new 2022.3 project.

You can of course create the project in 2021.3 and then close and open it with 2022.3. This may work without issues, or not. But it‘s worth a try. However the learning content expects you to use the supported editor version.