Search Unity

1. Megacity Metro Demo now available. Download now.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Unity support for visionOS is now available. Learn more in our blog post.
    Dismiss Notice

How can I use two different CM vcams on two different cameras ?

Discussion in 'Cinemachine' started by Chocolade, Dec 2, 2018.

1. Chocolade

Chocolade

I have a Camera and as a child under it I have CM vcam1. The Camera have a Cinemachine Brain component and the Live Camera is CM vcam1 (Transform)

The problem is when I'm adding a new Camera then create a new Cinemachine Virtual Camera. CM vcam2 when I'm adding to the new Camera also a Cinemachine Brain Component even if CM vcam2 is a child of the new second Camera the first Camera Live now will use also the CM vcam2. Both Cameras will use CM vcam2.

I want one Camera to use in the Brain with CM vcam1 and the second with CM vcam2.
    I'm using each Camera fro a diff cutscene.

In the first screenshot the new Camera is using CM vcam2:

But now also the first camera is using CM vcam2 instead CM vcam1 as it used before:

Maybe I'm all wrong. What I want to do is using each camera for a different cutscene different characters and different animations. Maybe I should use timeline ? When I had only the first Camera the Spaceship Cutscene Camera with CM vcam1 it was working fine the cutscene I did. The camera followed and looked at the right characters.

But once adding new Camera and new CM vcam camera it all messed up.

2. Chocolade

Chocolade

Ok I got it. There is only one camera with the brain component and multiple virutal cameras. And when you want to switch between cutscenes you turn on/off the virutal camera you want.

Gregoryl likes this.
  3. Gregoryl

Gregoryl

Unity Technologies

Yes that's right. And the vcams should not be children of the Camera. Camera and vcams should be separate, top-level game objects.