Search Unity

How can I upgrade my Android Jar Dependencies?

Discussion in 'Android' started by Reverend-Speed, Oct 14, 2017.

1. Reverend-Speed

Reverend-Speed

I'm in the middle of making a commercial mobile game with AdMob advertising, under an advancing deadline.

After my desktop crashed and burned, I was forced to transfer the project to my crappy laptop, using Unity Collaborate (which is awesome).

Upon loading the project in Unity, I started to get several popups in Unity titled, 'Android Jar Dependencies', asking me whether I should Replace or Keep play-services-ads version 11.0.4 with version 10.2.6.

I have no interest in silencing these pop-ups (to do this, I would open the Android Resolver (Asset Store > Google > Android Resolver > Settings etc). Instead:

I want to update my Android Jar Dependencies to match those on my desktop (now being repaired) - ie. the latest version of the Dependencies.

In order to do this, I had the Android Studio / SDK update itself.

During the update process, my Comodo antivirus virtualised the silent_install_wrapper.bat for Intel Haxm installation and also virtualised the apksigner.jar.

I've tried to update the Haxm installation manually, but I don't know where to begin with the apksigner.jar.

Building the app while keeping the 11.0.4 files gives me this error (some details obscured to protect client & my machine):

Again, I am not looking to suppress the error messages, nor am I looking to revert to 10.2.6 - I wish to update to 11.0.4 so I can build my app with AdMob.

I'm at my wits end here, folks. Can't find any useful solutions. Can anybody point me in the right direction?

Many thanks in advance,

--Rev

2. Wolfos

Wolfos

Sounds to me like the problem is your antivirus. Just get rid of it, antivirus software is not intended for power users.

EDIT:
    That said, I think the .aar versions are actually related to the Admob version you're using. Maybe try redownloading the plugin from here.

Last edited: Oct 16, 2017
  3. Reverend-Speed

Reverend-Speed

I'm not sure if the currency is still fungible, but as far as I'm concerned... you, sir, have earned a bahjillion internets. Thank you. Updating the Admob version from the link you sent (I used the Unitypackage) woke up the Google Resolver which made sure the new file versions were set up correctly and deleted the older values. The project built like a dream. Cheers...!