Search Unity

Question How can I update realtime Lighting only one time (not every second)?

Discussion in 'Editor & General Support' started by LetmeDwight, Jul 31, 2021.

1. LetmeDwight

LetmeDwight

a.jpg

If I want to make multiple rooms in a entire house, how can I make that I can turn On/Off individually the lings in every room via Lightswitch, without updating the light in every frame?
    Currently it use Realtime lighting but updating the light every frame waste a very lot of performance!
    would it be possible to update the realtime light only one time, if a fuction is executed like if the player switched the lightswitch what should update the light On or Off...

Baked Lights are as I know only made for static light sources like if the light would never changed and only stay dark or bright...
    So is there a fuction that can I use to update the light only if the lightswitch was switched and not all the time in every frame like it is already the default of the realtime lighting...

2. AcidArrow

AcidArrow

AFAIK if there are no lights moving, the GI lighting shouldn't update.

3. LetmeDwight

LetmeDwight

What is exactly the job of the GI Lighting? Because I need a light that only update once if it spawned the first time or if the lightswitch changed it state.
    Is this the Job of GL Lighting?.....

4. AcidArrow

AcidArrow

Maybe I made the wrong assumption. Are you using Enlighten?

5. LetmeDwight

LetmeDwight

No, I don't even know what this is for.
    I currently just use like I already say'd the realtime point lighting but this updates in every frame the not moving static light.