Search Unity

How can I unsubscribe from action callback?

Discussion in 'Input System' started by Windroid, Jan 22, 2020.

1. Windroid

Windroid

I want to subscribe and unsubscribe to some action callbacks with simple method, so I wrote somethings like this:
    Code (CSharp):
    1.         private void InitializeInput()
    2.         {
    3.             owner.playerInput.actions["interact"].performed += OnInteract;
    4.             owner.playerInput.actions["interact"].canceled += OnNotInteract;
    5.         }
    7.         private void DeinitializeInput()
    8.         {
    9.             owner.playerInput.actions["interact"].performed -= OnInteract;
    10.             owner.playerInput.actions["interact"].canceled -= OnNotInteract;
    11.         }
    13.         private void OnInteract(InputAction.CallbackContext ctx) => Debug.Log("True");
    14.         private void OnNotInteract(InputAction.CallbackContext ctx) => Debug.Log("False");
    the subscribe part which is InitializeInput() works well, but the unsubscribe part won't work.
    If I run InitializeInput() again, it run 2 times for each performed and canceled callback.

Is there anythings wrong?

Deleted User likes this.
  2. Zaine7673

Zaine7673

Any luck with finding out whats going on with this?

I've done exactly as you have and managed to unsubscribe and it works well but i have one specific action that i cant unsubscribe from. its really strange. did you ever manage to fix this or find out what was causing the issue?