Search Unity

Feedback How can I turn off Dark Mode in Unity Hub

Discussion in 'Unity Hub' started by protopop, Jan 17, 2022.

1. protopop

protopop

It looks like my unity hub auto updated or something.

Now it is stuck in a Dark Mode.

I cant find the option to return it to white. Where can I do this?

BrainSlugs83 and DAWSDevelop like this.
  2. gcopeland and protopop like this.
  3. protopop

protopop

4. Adagio-81

Adagio-81

I just updated the hub today and found this thread as I feel the same way. I don't like this dark mode. At least you're not spending a lot of time in the hub. Let's hope they change it soon

5. vdogamr

vdogamr

Adding another vote for removing dark mode. The windows should match the Windows theme. If I want dark mode windows I would change my theme.

6. dmcomeau

dmcomeau

Another vote for removing it. The official release says "Comes with Dark Mode". Ridiculous. They need to change it back, though at this point yes just add a freaking dropdown to change it back to Light.

7. tomobiki

tomobiki

Count me in. Being obliged to use dark mode reminds me of install programs of the 90's. In the 2022 is anachronistic and it's an usability issue.

8. alphabeta314

alphabeta314

Obviously Unity does not care for people who have trouble seeing, dark mode is almost impossible for me to read.
    Please at least make the old white one available as a compassionate release for those who cannot use these 'dark' modes.

BrainSlugs83 likes this.
  9. mgear

mgear

BrainSlugs83 likes this.
  10. alphabeta314

alphabeta314

@mgear, thank you! the 7EET unity broz will be angry you showed how to let people who see flaring of white characters when on a black background still use the hub! I mean, just 2 colors, background and text, thats all we need control of, but no, were not super 7eet boyz with our 'dark neo green raining chars' super cool hackin skillz gotta make our territorial pissings on things to show were important....leaving others with sight issues literally struggling.
    <rant off>
    Sigh....your fix worked, thank you.

upload_2022-4-24_7-47-57.png

BrainSlugs83 likes this.
  11. ngopenlsm

ngopenlsm

That was a really bad move on their part. If Unity doesn't understand this fundamental consideration of allowing developers to have preferences of dark mode or not, that also me wonder what breaking changes they might just randomly decide to make to their engine in the future....

12. vdogamr

vdogamr

Related, I think Unity assumes that Windows will be in dark mode. The system tray icon is almost invisible.
    upload_2022-9-11_15-45-54.png

13. michaelday008

michaelday008

I have astigmatism and looking at anything in dark mode makes me dizzy and nauseous. Please change this back to light mode by default or add the option to switch it!!!