Search Unity

Question how can i test passthrough in the Unity editor without having to build onto my Quest 2?

Discussion in 'VR' started by dogsaregreat, Oct 13, 2021.

1. dogsaregreat

dogsaregreat

as the title says

i'm able to use passthrough on my quest 2 headset - however, i'd still like to experience passthrough while testing within the Unity Editor without having to always create and build and load onto the Quest 2.

2. Tanya_Li

Tanya_Li

Unity Technologies

3. dogsaregreat

dogsaregreat

4. Tanya_Li

Tanya_Li

Unity Technologies

5. Airmouse

Airmouse

6. Shack_Man

Shack_Man

A bit late, but if anyone comes across this, the solution is to enable runtime developer settings in the oculus software on windows and toggle passthrough over link. They must have added that recently, I've been watching all the tutorials I could find and nothing mentioned it. From now on I start with the official documentation...

cmembrez and jdscogin like this.
  7. Airmouse

Airmouse

Thank you, I eventually realized the issue was that I wasn't using a USB 3.2 cable.

8. jdscogin

jdscogin

9. jdscogin

jdscogin

This worked great! Thanks so much.

10. mrphilipjoel

mrphilipjoel

Any other steps I might need to do after enabling this? Maybe certain components I need enabled in Unity?
    I've enabled passthrough over link inside the Oculus Software.
    When that didn't work by itself, I added Spatial Data enabled too.

But, when I'm playing in editor, I still don't get passthrough in my headset (works on build though).

11. Shack_Man

Shack_Man

I've been playing with it recently with the newest Meta SDK stuff. After going through all the steps (some checkboxes, a passthrough layer etc.) I was tearing my hair out why it didn't work. Turns out it only works when you play maximized in the Unity editor. Only for underlay layers though... maybe that can help you too?

12. mrphilipjoel

mrphilipjoel

I actually got it to work. and I did not need to play maximized. Apparently I had done all the required steps. I just needed to restart unity. https://developer.oculus.com/documentation/unity/unity-passthrough-use-over-link/