Search Unity

1. Megacity Metro Demo now available. Download now.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Unity support for visionOS is now available. Learn more in our blog post.
    Dismiss Notice

How can I start without selecting a project file?

Discussion in 'Unity Reflect' started by ChangSoft, Jun 2, 2021.

1. ChangSoft

ChangSoft

Hello?
    I used reflect window to fetching a project, and I added the project prefab onto the scene.
    Now the scene shows the project prefab.
    However, When I start the reflect review, it always shows the project list dialogue.
    I want to skip the project select dialogue and want to make the preloaded prefab as active project.
    Can I get some advice?

Thank you.

csahalcala likes this.
  2. unity_aica01

unity_aica01

Hi! The easiest way to do that was by clicking on the canvas to look for the project view canvas (or whatever is called) and then deactivate the gameobject by clicking the toggle at the top of inspector.

That is what was working in the previous versions, but in the new one if you do it that way you will not be able to move around or use any of the functionallities implemented in the new viewer.
    I´m trying to the same but by now I am having no luck, I want to obviate all the login and project select part to display directly the model anchored to the root to its inspection in AR/VR or however you want to do it.
    So, by now Im digging into the reflect pipeline API documentation and reflect scripts to find out how is everything connected and how can I deactivate some thing without deactivating another parts.

Last edited: Jun 15, 2021
    csahalcala likes this.
  3. unity_aica01

unity_aica01

Hi @ChangSoft after digging a bit in the new Reflect Ui and hierarchy I found out that you have a script attached to UI Root called "UIStateManager" if you select it in the inspector you will see a few drop downs. In the first one ("UI State Data") you will see a toggle named "Toolbars Enabled".
    So as you can guess inside that script is the key to obviate all the Login and project selection part of the proyect. I started looking in to it but for the moment i got nothing but I am getting all the components that form part of that we want to deactivate.
    If I find anything on how to finally deactivate it I will post it! But by now i will be diggin into scripts!!

KDMarineDesign likes this.
  4. unity_aica01

unity_aica01

Hey @ChangSoft! How you doing?
    Did you finallly achieved anything about avoiding login and project selection?
    I made all the samples and what I´ve learn is that we need to build or script our own Pipeline. But it is nt that easy, I don´t know if you gived a try to the samples secenes, but the problem of making your own pipeline is the UI setup will not work...
    Also tried to just modify the main pipeline but getting the same result, cant use the UI and tools...
    If you have any new info will be great if you could share it