Search Unity

1. Megacity Metro Demo now available. Download now.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Unity support for visionOS is now available. Learn more in our blog post.
    Dismiss Notice

How can I see what's inside the apk? Build size is big

Discussion in 'Android' started by DalerHakimov, May 27, 2015.

1. DalerHakimov

DalerHakimov

Hello Community,

I'm in the process of making a very simple 2d game. It's right about to get finished, but the size of apk is 19mb..... All possible graphics in the game is less then 1mb... In addition it has 3 fonts, 10 animations, 3 scenes. I do use Arm+x86 build (I want it to be this way). but 19mb???

Is that possible to see what's packaging inside the apk file, so I could delete them manually.. Because I do use some assets(though they are not included in the build process)..

I didn't try any stripping options yet... I would like to see what's taking soo much of file size..

2. CodeMonke234

CodeMonke234

...Open Editor Log... Top Right Corner of Console.... will show build output logs including what assets are added and how big they are

DalerHakimov likes this.
  3. DalerHakimov

DalerHakimov

Thx. I've found what it's loading.

4. Meltdown

Meltdown

A lot of that size will be the Unity engine, it needs to fit in there too :)

5. FuzzyQuills

FuzzyQuills

You can also re-name the file extension as a .zip file, and open it that way. :)

6. bennyboy

bennyboy

Yeah, 19Mb really is nothing, unless you have been writing mainly console games in the past. I have a little marble game with a couple texture mabs and half a dozen simple meshes, and I'm at 30Mb.