Search Unity

How can I rotate duplicated terrain without rotating the original ?

Discussion in 'World Building' started by VictorK2, May 19, 2020.

1. VictorK2

VictorK2

I know that rotating terrain is not a Unity feature, so I have imported multiple scripts that allows one to rotate terrains. I would like my original terrain to face the same one, turned 180 degrees.

The problem is that if I try rotating one terrain, the other one follows.
    I have tried : giving both terrain a different terrain data, and modifying only one of them ; exporting the original terrain as an asset package, turning the first, then importing the previous one that wasn't turned.
    It has not worked.

I hope that someone has an idea on how to fix it, because I am quite desperate at this point.
    Feel free to let me know if this is the right way to ask for help in this forum as it is my first post !

2. Berir

Berir

yes your problem is you are trying to duplicate terrain no matter how many copies you make they all use same data , You need to duplicate terrain's data not Terrain itself... So what you need to do is click on your terrain in Hierarchy, then in its inspector window of that terrain you will see in terrain collider component's area "terrain data file" it looks green, click on it it and it will open folder of the original Terrain Data file in project window ... duplicate that terrain file and rename it ... drag the new data file into hierarchy window and now you have a copy of your original terrain you can modify without changing original! hope it helps

I have used Terrain Rotator asset from unity store to do this below
    https://assetstore.unity.com/packag...PDlQVTL2rbrvywFkgaApm8EALw_wcB&utm_source=aff

Last edited: Jul 19, 2020
  3. Berir

Berir