Search Unity

1. Unity support for visionOS is now available. Learn more in our blog post.
    Dismiss Notice

Question How can I reset the forward direction of my humanoid using root motion?

Discussion in 'Animation' started by CogentJin, Sep 2, 2023.

1. CogentJin

CogentJin

I have an animation where my humanoid gets knocked down and lands on the ground sideways, this means that his forward is not the same as the standing animation's. When he stands, his laying animation "tweens" in a very unrealistic fashion to match the forward of the standing animation. How can I say, "Hey, just use your current forward of you laying down and stand up facing your current direction?"

If I go into the animation and uncheck "Bake Into Pose" for Root Transform Rotation, that helps a little bit (not always), but then the animation as a whole doesn't face the correct direction.

I read something about Animator.deltaRotation and I don't even know if that's what I want because there was a lot of back and forth on that topic.

I've been stuck on this for multiple projects and normally I would just not use animations that didn't end in facing the correct direction, but there has to be a way and I'd like to get this solved. I welcome any help, thank you!

Attached Files: