Search Unity

How can I reset a microgame tutorial?

Discussion in 'Getting Started' started by cswain11, Nov 20, 2020.

1. cswain11

cswain11

Hi Everyone. I am using the Lego Microgame to teach my daughter how to use Unity. We are following the tutorials and we somehow saved one in a state where the wrong GameObject is in the scene. Now we can't get past this - relatively early - tutorial. It would be ideal if I could just reset the individual tutorials. If that is not possible is there a way to override the tutorial steps? If that is not possible is there a way to to reset / restart the whole Lego Microgame tutorial and start fresh?

We are stuck. Any suggestions?

Thank you for your help.

2. Joe-Censored

Joe-Censored

Just create a new project for it in a different folder, the same way you created the old one. The new project will be in the same initial state as when you first created the old one.

3. cswain11

cswain11

Thank you Joe-Censored. In response to your suggestion: as far as I can tell the tutorial doesn't allow you to save or create a new Microgame project once one is started. I was able to find the Project files in a temp folder and delete it. Then I was able to start over via Unity Hub. In my daughter's and my experience with the Lego Microgame tutorial it is very easy to get into a state where you can't move forward and have to start over. We are going to complete it but I would not recommend the Lego Microgame based on what I am seeing.