Search Unity

1. Megacity Metro Demo now available. Download now.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Unity support for visionOS is now available. Learn more in our blog post.
    Dismiss Notice

How can I remove references to post process data?

Discussion in 'Universal Render Pipeline' started by cyanryanlion, Feb 19, 2021.

1. cyanryanlion

cyanryanlion

Hi, is there any way to remove all references to post processing data in URP so I can avoid them being included in builds?

I've disabled post-processing on the URP settings asset but still when doing a build I have to wait ages for it to compile shader variants for a multitude of different post processing related shaders. As far as I can tell this is because the forward renderer data has a reference to Post Process Data asset which contains references to lots of post processing related assets and I can't find any way to remove these references.

2. peterbay

peterbay

Unity Technologies

3. cyanryanlion

cyanryanlion

Hey, sorry for the late reply!

I'm using URP 10.3.2 and Unity 2020.3.0f1. I don't see an option to disable Post-processing in the URP asset though, or a warning tooltip explaining why the option is missing etc. Only options in that section are Grading Mode and LUT size. I created a new URP asset in case that was different but it also didn't have the option. I'm guessing I'll either need to update the URP package or Unity version further to get those updates.

4. Thorax-

Thorax-

I am also unable to find this option to disable Post-processing in the URP asset. I am using URP 10.8.1 and tried other versions as well. Unity version is 2020.3.30f1. Is there something else that needs to be done to see this toggle?