Search Unity

1. Megacity Metro Demo now available. Download now.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Unity support for visionOS is now available. Learn more in our blog post.
    Dismiss Notice

How can I Port my Android mobile game to iOS and Windows Phone?

Discussion in 'Android' started by SebGM2019, Aug 3, 2018.

1. SebGM2019

SebGM2019

I have a game made in unity personal edition and I want to Port it to iOS and Windows Phone. Also, if I Port it to iOS, it will be optimized for iPhone X?

2. MD_Reptile

MD_Reptile

Your going to need a machine with OSX or newer Apple operating system installed - which means a mac or a hackintosh or a virtual machine.

Once you have that you can build for iOS. Whether or not its "optimized for iPhone X" I suppose is up to you, as you will be developing the content and testing it on devices.

For windows phone you can develop from windows I think, but I haven't made a windows phone app in about 4 years so I don't know what all the requirements are these days.

3. SebGM2019

SebGM2019

But, when I have the Mac, how can I do it?

4. MD_Reptile

MD_Reptile

Your going to have to research a good deal to learn the process. The best I can do is a short "from android to iOS" notepad I wrote up for myself during the process which isn't detailed and assumes your using admob and potentially other plugins, so here that is:

Code (csharp):
    1. UNITY SIDE:
    3. -get admob setup
    5. -get cross platform native plugins setup
    7. -fiddle with iOS player settings
    11. TERMINAL WINDOW:
    13. -navigate terminal to Xcode project folder, (using cd .. to go up a level, and \ before space to escape the char, ls = dir) where the pod file is
    15. -do “pod install”
    19. XCODE SIDE:
    21. -open XCWORKSPACE file from Xcode build
    23. -Make sure signing is automatic, select team under the checkbox if not already
    25. -copy google ad framework to frameworks folder (drag drop)
    27. -Add libiconv.2.tbd to frameworks (general area of target settings )
    29. -enable modules (C and objective-c) in the project build settings (search module)
    31. -set capabilities in target settings (push notifications/background mode>remote notifications)
    33. -in the target general settings make sure version number and build are right (1.1 version is build 2)
    35. -test it on the iPhone
    37. -set a 1024x1024 App Store icon (a warning shows it needs an icon, drag and drop from finder into slot that says App Store iOS 1024pt, and any others that need put in there) and make sure it matches the App Store icon or apple gets pissy (appiconmaker.co works good for other sizes)
    39. -go to product > edit scheme and change the name of archive there
    41. -do product > clean
    43. -do product > archive
    45. -instead of “upload to App Store” hit “export” and do automatic signing and stuff
    47. -use the thing in Xcode > other developer tool > application loader to upload to App Store (setup on itunesconnect the next/first version before uploading)
    51. DO NOT:
    53. -update to recommended settings in Xcode (warnings)
    55. -open the xcodeproj file instead of the XCWORKSPACE FILE!
    57. -delete the red files/frameworks (the two normal ones anyway) like libiconv.2.dylib

SebGM2019 likes this.
  5. JeffDUnity3D

JeffDUnity3D

6. MD_Reptile

MD_Reptile

I found I had to do those on a project a couple years ago, and haven't updated it in quite some time. It may be outdated and no longer totally relevant, but I figured I'd share anyway :)