Search Unity

1. Megacity Metro Demo now available. Download now.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Unity support for visionOS is now available. Learn more in our blog post.
    Dismiss Notice

How can I manage my custom event data? - Noob question

Discussion in 'Unity Analytics' started by ShabihDesperado, Apr 14, 2015.

1. ShabihDesperado

ShabihDesperado

Hi!
    This is my first time using an analytics tool. I'm trying to get some information like the average time (or score) that users plays in every level, or a relation between time and score. I'm a bit lost about how to manage the data, so maybe I would like to download all this info and make my own graphics, but I don't know how.
    Can you help me?
    Thank you

Code (CSharp):
    1. public void ChangeLevelInformation(int levelID, float time, int score)
    2.     {
    3.         IDictionary<string, object> dic = new Dictionary<string, object>
    4.             {
    5.                 { "levelID", levelID },
    6.                 { "time", time },
    7.                 { "wiksWeGet", score }
    8.             };
    9.       UnityAnalytics.CustomEvent("LevelEnded",dic);
    10.     }

2. angeloferro

angeloferro

Hi @ShabihDesperado!

In you go to Data Explorer, you'll be able to view the average time and score for the LevelEnded custom event.

Here are the instructions:
    1. Go to the Data Explorer feature via the left navigation bar
    2. Click on Add Custom Event
    3. Select "LevelEnded" from the drop down menu
    4. Click on View Parameters
    5. In this screen, you'll be able to select "levelID", "time", and "wikWeGet" parameters. Since these are numeric parameters, you'll be able to see a chart of the average, count and sum for these parameters.

Hope this helps!

3. ShabihDesperado

ShabihDesperado

Thank you but I need a need a bit more of help. I don't need the average of my levelID, what I need is to know the average of time for any of my levels. And I have a second question: can I download all the data that players send?

Last edited: Apr 15, 2015
  4. angeloferro

angeloferro

Hi @ShabihDesperado ,

Another way to check the averages of your parameters (i.e., time and score) is by creating a funnel using Funnel Analyzer.

Once you're in the funnel view, you should see a drop down menu "Drilldown Type" - if you select "Parameters Overview," you'll be able to see the average values for your numeric parameters for each step in your funnel. Here's a sample screenshot below:

Here's how you would set up the funnel for the LevelEnded custom event:

In the above example image, I set "levelid" equal to 1 and 2, but you should set them to the appropriate values. One thing to note is that funnels are linear, so players must complete the funnel steps in the exact order (i.e., a player must complete step 1 before they can complete step 2).

Regarding your question about downloading data, you can currently download data aggregated at the segment level in Data Explorer (though in the future we may build out a raw data export feature).