Search Unity

Question How can I make the objects show at the middle of the table?

Discussion in 'Unity MARS' started by FutureSystems, Jun 23, 2020.

1. FutureSystems

FutureSystems

Hi, I have this issue where MARS places objects hanging off the table. How can I make it find the center of the table and place it there? Also once the object is placed I would like the user to have an option to adjust the location in xz and the scale of it. Is that possible? I would appreciate your help

Attached Files:

2. unity_andrewm

unity_andrewm

Unity Technologies

By default when you author a proxy it will be centered - you can see where it's position will be by looking at the plane visualization in the scene view.

Example:

upload_2020-6-24_12-43-22.png

I'm guessing in this case your content is already is centered and what is happening is the detected plane is merged between the chair and the table. This is a typical device limitation pain point - but also why our device view displays 'imperfect' data - your intuition to have a user adjust the location xz + scale is a good solution.

Adjusting the position/scale/rotation after placement is possible. There isn't anything really MARS-specific about that so we haven't offered an out of the box solution for it - you would select and move it like any other object in Unity. An update of the direct placement template is going to have this functionality as well - I'll ping this thread when it's available.

Attached Files:

FutureSystems and bree-uh like this.
  3. FutureSystems

FutureSystems

4. unity_andrewm

unity_andrewm

Unity Technologies

FutureSystems likes this.