Search Unity

how can i make animation while object hit trigger ?

Discussion in 'Animation' started by karammaks, Apr 25, 2014.

1. karammaks

karammaks

I want a help in animation , i have a game which objects fall and player should catch them by box trigger, so when spawner fell a Bomb in Box trigger , i want to make a BOOM animation , but i dont know where to put the script and what will the script going to be and how ? please help me :cry::confused:

2. TonyLi

TonyLi

Attach a script with OnTriggerEnter() to your box. Below is an example, but you will need to modify it to fit your needs. Also, I just typed it into this reply, so please forgive any typos.
    Code (csharp):
    2. public class Box : MonoBehaviour {
    4.     void OnTriggerEnter(Collider other) {
    5.         if (string.Equals(other.tag, "Bomb")) { // <-- Tag your bombs as "Bomb".
    6.             PlayBoomAnimation();
    7.             Destroy(other.gameObject);
    8.         }
    9.     }
    11.     private void PlayBoomAnimation() { // <-- Use this version for Legacy.
    12.         animation.Play("boom"); // <-- Your box must have an animation named "boom".
    13.     }
    15.     private void PlayBoomAnimation() { // <-- Use this version for Mecanim.
    16.         Animator animator = GetComponent<Animator>();
    17.         if (animator != null) {
    18.             animator.SetTrigger("boom"); // <-- Your animator controller must have a trigger named "boom".
    19.         }
    20.     }
    21. }

3. karammaks

karammaks

i already made onTriggerEnter2D function , but im not sure if i should make animation for the Bomb or for the Box , or separate one , and if you can please tell me the steps how to link this animation with code , i am beginner with unity and need your help :)
    thanks a lot

4. TonyLi

TonyLi

5. karammaks

karammaks

still doesnt work :( i already put the first code to the box trigger, but still dont know where to put the second and the third code , and why you called private void PlayBoomAnimation() twice ?! , i saw videos for animation and 2D , and i made animation for the Bomb fuze to flash , but i still dont know how to make animation while the bomb hit the box trigger , please if any one can help me more about this issue :(