Search Unity

1. Megacity Metro Demo now available. Download now.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Unity support for visionOS is now available. Learn more in our blog post.
    Dismiss Notice

How Can I Make A App For Oculus Go That Can Communicate With A Raspberry Pi Or Arduino

Discussion in 'AR/VR (XR) Discussion' started by bobmine01, Jun 3, 2019.

1. bobmine01

bobmine01

How Can I Make A App For Oculus Go That Can Communicate With A Raspberry Pi Or Arduino Because I Want To Make An App That Can Take Data From Sensors Then Make Something Happen In-App Like A Wheel Moving Left To Right

I would like to use ultrasonic sensors to measure the difference between the sensor and wheel to determine how far the in-app wheel is moved/rotated, the closer to the sensor the more it moves/rotates to the right or left

Also, I would like the ability to measure the rotation speed of the bicycle tire and make that correspond to the rotation speed of the tire in the app as well as keeping the same speed the bike would be going in real life to be portrayed in the app

I have tried doing research on this subject and have found nothing so far (i am going to do more research)

If possible I would like advice on how to do this(or if it's even possible) and if you reckon it is possible it would be greatly appreciated if you could provide little snippets of code

Thanks,

2. darkesco

darkesco

I've thought about something like this too, particularly for Quest. A lame way to interact would be to send files to a PC/Server that another app checks and sends signals to the controller board (raspberry, arduino, usb). For example: the maestro USB controller has a Visual Studio SDK. I could have a Unity VR app create a file that notes a change, and have the custom Visual Studio app open the file, check for the new parameter, then send the servos the movement codes. But not only is this clunky, but also slow...too slow for any realtime actions. I would be interested in accessing any wifi/bluetooth protocols on these HMDs or other ideas. Hoping someone weights in with some ideas. I know very little about the subject. Anything I have learned is from necessity and as you mentioned, Google is little help.

3. MadeFromPolygons

MadeFromPolygons

Yes, and you do it the same way you make a normal unity android app communicate with an arduino. https://assetstore.unity.com/packag...ment/android-microcontrollers-bluetooth-16467

Also, please dont format your text like this again:

It makes it really hard to read and less likely to garner help. There is literally 0 reason to have every word start with a capital letter like this, and the fact that the rest of your post is formatted normally shows y.

4. unity_O1w85xrVbUP_gw

unity_O1w85xrVbUP_gw

Hello, have you really tested it? I can´t find any example in the web.

5. MadeFromPolygons

MadeFromPolygons

I havent tested it, but others have and it appears to be working. No you probably wont find an example but just read the documentation that comes with it.

6. FourOneTwoLab

FourOneTwoLab

bobmine01, did you ever find a solution, or got any tips? we are trying to do a similar thing, but no resources online for connecting a Unity Oculus Go app, with arduino...

7. stathism

stathism