Search Unity

Resolved How can I install the latest version of Netcode?

Discussion in 'Netcode for GameObjects' started by GuirieSanchez, Feb 8, 2023.

1. GuirieSanchez

GuirieSanchez

I'm using Unity 2021.3.12f1, however, the Netcode version that appears on the Package Manager is 1.0.2.

I went onto the Netcode github and downloaded the latest version (1.2.0), but I have no clue how could I implement it.

I tried open it from disk
    upload_2023-2-9_0-18-33.png

But the "com.unity.netcode.gameobjects-ngo-1.2.0" package has many folders inside, and honestly, I don't know which one is the one I should add.

Any help is appreciated!

2. RikuTheFuffs-U

RikuTheFuffs-U

Unity Technologies

Hi, you can either:

1. install 1.0.2 and then update from package manager by clicking on the package and then the "update" button
    2. Change the version number in the manifest file of your project (Packages > manifest.json)

I would not recommend to download + install the package from disk, especially if you work with other people.

GuirieSanchez likes this.
  3. GuirieSanchez

GuirieSanchez

@RikuTheFuffs-U Thank you for the advice!

Regarding the first method :
    upload_2023-2-9_15-42-35.png
    I don't seem to have any options for updating the package. I tried clicking everywhere in the package, including the package itself, but to no avail.

I'm going to try the second method and see if I can get it to work.

NelsonChristensen likes this.
  4. GuirieSanchez

GuirieSanchez

upload_2023-2-9_15-50-28.png
    Changing the version through the manifest made it. Thank you for the help! I'll update the status of the post to Resolved.

RikuTheFuffs likes this.
  5. etienne144

etienne144

I would like to do the same. Can you please explain me how you did it? I dont kno how to change version throught the manifest

6. cerestorm

cerestorm

You can find the manifest file under YourUnityProject/Packages/manifest.json. Open the file and add the line

"com.unity.netcode.gameobjects": "1.3.1",

for the latest version, or change the version number for an earlier one (eg. "1.2.0").

GuirieSanchez likes this.
  7. lavagoatGG

lavagoatGG

MyUnityProject/Packages folder contains only more folders, and when I search "manifest.json" in all files I get no results. Where is the manifest file located?

8. cerestorm

cerestorm

Check you're looking in the right place, in the file system rather than in Unity. The Packages directory contains manifest.json and packages-lock.json.

GuirieSanchez and lavagoatGG like this.
  9. lavagoatGG

lavagoatGG

Thank you!

cerestorm likes this.