Search Unity

Question How can I give the loader object a shadow in force?

Discussion in 'Global Illumination' started by Dan_000, Sep 22, 2022.

1. Dan_000

Dan_000

Hello, I'm a beginner to the Unity platform and am slowly learning how to use it.
    I've almost worked out how to use lighting and other tools, but I'm having difficulties with my model's light and shadows.

upload_2022-9-22_22-24-20.png

I'm currently accessing the project file zepeto studio unity - the playground unity file to access and load my character. It is meant to allow users to test the characters by loading them - for example, by entering their game ID and playing the scene to see their characters present.

upload_2022-9-22_22-24-49.png

upload_2022-9-22_22-25-32.png
    I only wanted to put a shadow on this loaded figure using global light, focused light, and so on. However, regardless of whether I place a 3D item behind my character to see shadow reflection, check the quality settings (ultra, distances, etc.), or use the mesh filter mesh loader, it cannot see any shadow behind my character. I deleted and reinstalled all of the software, but there is still no shadow.

Is this because it is simply a loaded character model? Is the shadow still accessible anywhere? even if it is forced? Should the loaded character be converted into an asset, such as a mesh? I'm in need of guidance and wish I could obtain it here.

Thank you for the reading!

2. kristijonas_unity

kristijonas_unity

Unity Technologies

Seems like your issues are with the plugin in question (Zepeto Studio). I suspect that you are not meant to add any additional lights to it, or customize its environment.
    Please reach out to the plugin developer for assistance.

Dan_000 likes this.
  3. Dan_000

Dan_000

Oh, I see. Do you think the model will not receive shadows even if I added the shader assets from store? and applied to the model? Because if the plugin is the main problem, I can see why.

And, while this may be a different question or approach, I have seen some people notice the shadow by placing the 3D model plane behind the figurines. Then this might be another possible example? I am sorry for bothering you with questions.