Search Unity

1. Welcome to the Unity Forums! Please take the time to read our Code of Conduct to familiarize yourself with the forum rules and how to post constructively.
  2. Join us on Dec 8, 2022, between 7 am & 7 pm EST, in the DOTS Dev Blitz Day 2022 - Q&A forum, Discord, and Unity3D Subreddit to learn more about DOTS directly from the Unity Developers.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Have a look at our Games Focus blog post series which will show what Unity is doing for all game developers – now, next year, and in the future.
    Dismiss Notice

How can i get runtime vertices in 2d animated sprite?

Discussion in '2D Experimental Preview' started by Yeung, Jul 15, 2019.

1. Yeung

Yeung

Hey guys,
    I have a sprite that was animated by adding bones and geometry with 2D animation version 2.0.0. The sprite is animating great and now i want to add collider to my sprite. But i find that the sprite.vertices are not updated during runtime, which are the initial vertices of the sprite.

How can i get the vertices positions during runtime?

Thank you for your help!

2. ChuanXin

ChuanXin

Unity Technologies

It is not possible with the version of 2D Animation you are using unfortunately.

We will expose this in a future version.

3. Kidara

Kidara

Up, is it now possible?

4. MrPaparoz

MrPaparoz

5. Leo-Yaik

Leo-Yaik

Unity Technologies

6. stickylab

stickylab

7. Ted_Wikman

Ted_Wikman

Unity Technologies

We do not have any examples of this. Could you share with us where you are currently stuck @afakul?

8. dikar771

dikar771

Hey,

Just tried to get vertices with GetDeformedVertexPositionData() in Update method and assign positions to test spheres: spheres moves in another direction than sprite with real vertices. How can I get global vertices positions?

9. dikar771

dikar771

Solved. It seems that GetDeformedVertexPositionData() returns localPositions relative to SpriteSkin's transform. Perhaps this should be reflected in the documentation