Search Unity

How can I deploy a Unity 4.6 web game (web player)

Discussion in 'UGUI & TextMesh Pro' started by fabianampires, Sep 21, 2014.

1. fabianampires

fabianampires

Hi Everyone,

I'm trying to deploy my game on the web but when I try to do it I get a message on my browser saying that since this is a beta version, the game will only play in my computer. Is this right? So until Unity 5 comes nobody will be able to deploy web games with 4.6?

2. Alic

Alic

I think you'll be able to deploy web builds once 4.6 becomes officially released, which should happen before 5, right? Not supporting web builds is one of the limits of the beta currently, if I remember correctly.

3. cmcpasserby

cmcpasserby

They are doing this so they don't have to distribute a beta version of the web player, and confuse end users.

4. Tim-C

Tim-C

Unity Technologies

Yes we are confusing developers instead :S I think we may do a webplayer update for beta 20.

5. ChimeraSW

ChimeraSW

+1! Would like to be able to easily share demos of some of the stuff I'm working on in 4.6 (both here and with my game's community), and the web player is the best format for doing that.

6. vincismurf

vincismurf

The webplayer of 4.6 does not work with Facebook API, granted it is beta, will this issue be resolved when 4.6 leave beta?