Search Unity

1. Megacity Metro Demo now available. Download now.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Unity support for visionOS is now available. Learn more in our blog post.
    Dismiss Notice

How can I control Impulse using Timeline track?

Discussion in 'Cinemachine' started by gsylvain, Sep 14, 2020.

1. gsylvain

gsylvain

[Cinemachine 2.6, Timeline 1.4.1]

We are searching how to add a timeline track that would allow an artist to precisely set the begin and end frame of a shake, with a shake profile as parameter.

*We can't use physic based impulses.

Do you know how? Thank you!

2. Gregoryl

Gregoryl

Unity Technologies

3. gsylvain

gsylvain

I knew about using a Signal to trigger the shake at the right time. I don't like this solution very much because it doesn't allow to properly set the begin and ending frame, nor the shake profile to use.

4. Gregoryl

Gregoryl

Unity Technologies

The duration of the shake is defined by the impulse source. If you're wanting a continuous shake, like a rumble vibration, then you'll need to write a small piece of code to generate a continuous impulse consisting of a series of small overlapping impulses, which you can start/stop using timeline signals.

Here is an example of that: https://forum.unity.com/threads/cre...e-that-can-turned-on-off.891304/#post-5872768

Note: in the emitter script provided in the thread, you can add Start/Stop methods to call from timeline.

5. gsylvain

gsylvain

Thank you for your quick answers! This seems like a nice compromise, I'll definitely experiment with that.
    Have a nice day! :)

Gregoryl likes this.