Search Unity

1. Megacity Metro Demo now available. Download now.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Unity support for visionOS is now available. Learn more in our blog post.
    Dismiss Notice

How can I control ads frequency?

Discussion in 'Unity Ads & User Acquisition' started by Koval331, Aug 21, 2019.

1. Koval331

Koval331

This question was already asked a while ago, and I wanted to check the present situation:
    • Can I control ads frequency from the dashboard? (e.g. frequency capping in Admob)
    • Can I control ads frequency through Unity IAP API?
    • If not, does that mean that I need to implement all that "frequency control" functionality manually?

2. ap-unity

ap-unity

Unity Technologies

There are no built-in ways to control the ads frequency for Unity Ads. You would have to add that functionality manually.

leandrovtd and Koval331 like this.
  3. leandrovtd

leandrovtd

Hi,

Does it still work this way? Or has this option been added?

4. Unity_Quinn

Unity_Quinn

Unity Technologies

Hi @leandrovtd , you will still need to add this functionality manually. Please let me know if you have any questions about this. Have a great day!

leandrovtd likes this.
  5. leandrovtd

leandrovtd

Hi @Unity_Quinn !

OK, Thank you!

I would like to suggest this feature to the Unity Ads team. How can I do it?

6. leandrovtd

leandrovtd

@Unity_Quinn I am trying to implement ads frequency on my own. I would like to know how to catch the event from a closed Interstitial. I tried to implement as per the documentation using ShowOptions and resultCallback but I am getting an alert that it is deprecated. How to get a closed Interstitial event?

7. Unity_Quinn

Unity_Quinn

Unity Technologies

Hi @leandrovtd , thank you for following up on this! I hope you had an amazing weekend!

I've submitted the feature request for you. Unfortunately, I can't make any promises as to when we will see this feature.

The easiest way to get an ad closed event is to use OnUnityAdsDidFinish by implementing IUnityAdsListener. More information on this can be found in our API reference here: https://unityads.unity3d.com/help/unity/api-unity. You can also find an example integration in our integration guide here: https://unityads.unity3d.com/help/unity/integration-guide-unity#rewarded-video-ads

Please note that while the documentation only mentions rewarded ads, there are no differences in the backend between an interstitial ad and a rewarded ad. This means that you can use IUnityAdsListener with interstitial ads as well.

Please let me know if you have any additional questions.

Have a wonderful day!

leandrovtd likes this.
  8. leandrovtd

leandrovtd

Hi @Unity_Quinn ,

Thanks a lot for your tips.

I have just one more question: is there any way to know if the banner was displayed or not? Is there any callback event for banners that informs whether the banner was displayed to the user?